Conserving buildings to reflect their history and capture their story.
At Ross, Smith & Jameson we specialise in architectural conservation. Ian Jameson, our Conservation Architect has decades of experience, expertise and knowledge in conserving buildings and their history and beauty. In order to preserve and develop your historical building we source the appropriate materials to complement its history and environment. Our designs reflect its history, purpose and heritage.
Our aim is to conserve and restore the cultural heritage of your building and add value to it.
The importance and benefits of preserving your property
- Preserving the heritage of your property adds significant value to it and the surrounding buildings
- Heritage preservation is a draw to tourism and helps businesses attract customers. Retaining the historic integrity of an area attracts people just for the ambiance alone and that attracts business
- Restoration keeps money within the local community, as materials are sourced locally and require more labour-intensive work by local trades.
- Restoration reduces construction and demolition waste and uses less than half the energy of new construction.
Heritage preservation is an investment in our community that rewards us today and leaves an invaluable resource for future generations.
Let us conserve and restore your property
We see and take care of the bigger picture
Because of our years of experience, expertise and knowledge in building conservation, we not only understand what is required and the materials needed, but the implications and requirements involved. We blend heritage with beauty, function and purpose.
We take care of the paperwork
We don’t just design and create beautiful buildings, we ensure they fulfil building regulations and meet specific structural demands. This is critical in a conservation heritage project. We take care of the red tape and satisfy the building inspectors.
Having designed and planned your building, we can introduce you to the craftsmen and builders required to deliver a quality build which is faithful to our plans.
Let us oversee the job
Having designed and planned your project, we can oversee the build and ensure that the plan is followed and delivered on time, on budget and with the quality required. We ensure that the quality of the build and the final result meets your expectations.
- Are your property plans viable? Viability studies
- Design and sketching of plans
- Management and completion of building regulations
- Advise on structural solutions
- Advise and introduce you to our network of craftsmen and builders
- Building project management
Tell us about your project and plans
Get in touch and tell us about your project and plans. We’d be happy to give you any advice and help you require.